Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Work

I was working today just minding my own business when a three pound sledge hammer jumped out and smacked the end of my left ring finger. I could not believe the pain that this inflicted at first I almost threw up on the floor from the initial pain and then I almost passed out because of the lack of breathing that this smack caused. I don't think that I have ever had such pain caused by a hit to the finger. Maybe I haven't ever smashed a finger with a sledge hammer either.

This all occured before lunch today so probably around 11:30 a.m. and it is almost 4 o'clock and it is still throbbing. May be broken may not, and if it is I guess the only thing to do is suffer through the pain and the swelling that most likely with follow.

That's where it got hit, and it wasn't a direct hit to the fingernail either but rather a whack to the side of the finger which suprisingly didn't break a nail at all. But I am sure it will build up some pressure underneath the nail that I will have to relieve in the next few days.

At least my boss let me go out and buy a split, that the company will pay for, wow $2.10. Thanks Berk. So I don't keep hitting it against things unknowingly and sending shots of pain up my left arm.

I guess just the joys of working on a Tuesday at AmeriFill International, Inc. Oh yeah we did finally get the company bought out by some new investors so we are no longer Sorenco, Labs. But that doesn't stop us from hitting our hands with hammers or lfiting things wrong and over stressing our backs.

Well that about how life went to day.

Talk to you later.

8 comments:

Alana said...

ouch! that looks like hell paul! i have only had that pain one time- slammed a thumb in a car door and the car door actually shut. i had the black outs and nearly vomited. ohhh, not fun. ice it tonight!

Cynthia said...

Oh, that's going to leave a mark! And take FOREVER to heal (just thought I would add some comforting remarks)!!
I am truely sorry for your pain, wear the finger gaurd after that huge investment, it will hopefully help!
And, you take care of your young back too. Love ya, Aunt Cynthia♥

Jennie said...

Um...that looks PAINFUL!! YIKES! Loved your post about missing the kids. Amazing how lonely it is without them...even if they do seem a little obnoxious at times...

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Poor thing! That looks super painful!

Nic said...

Hi Paul. Where are you? Just wondering how things are going. No one has heard from you in a while. Have a super day.

Unknown said...

whoa! that looks really painful, I'm sure the pain was excruciating.

John
Aoudad Sheep Hunting

Eline S. said...

aww looks painfull!

Ella said...

oh no!! It must be very painful.

Regards
Herbaldiet.com