Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Patience

I can't believe how much we have become a number society. It seems everywhere that you go everything is a number. Go to eat and you have to take a number. Go to the hardware store and the counter help wants you to take a number. Why not just brand us with some number and that would solve all the problems. Where did the personal help go? Why can't we take time out of our so busy life styles to actually enjoy life?

A man let me go ahead of him in the movie store because he realized that I had two kids with me and he was all alone. I really appreciated his gesture and couldn't pass it up the second time that he had to offer. I think he realized his huge mistake after I got to the counter and started checking out. The counter help just wanted to confirm that I had a "Blue-ray player", "what I asked? Do I have what?" "well you are renting only one blue ray disc." So we had to go back and find another movie for Ariana but she couldn't figure out why we could not rent the movie that she wanted to. This whole time the man at the counter is patiently waiting, while the younger man by himself is also waiting. I feel sorry for people that have any patience in this world and are nice enough to let a father and his two kids jump in line because they are already cranky. I just can't be so nice, because once I get them into the car all that I have to do to drown them out is turn the radio up a little louder so that I can't hear them. Then I start singing really loud, kids really hate when their parents sing extremely loud, must be that whole parents are nerds. My four year old once asked me to be quiet while the two year old was making the universal shhhhh sign for some peace. I do love the kids but sorry babes when I am driving I am in full control and I will enjoy the music rather than the screaming that is usually going on in the back seat. Soon enough I will be able to tell you live with it or walk home.

3 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Live with it or walk home, that will be my new mantra! Love it. You made me laugh and mom too, as she read over my shoulder. love you, bro! S

Alana said...

I have SO been there... just today, in fact. I had to just leave my shopping cart with things in it in the middle of the store and take my screaming kid home, and I was thinking, "why do I even bother trying to accomplish anything?" Nice to know every parent is in the same boat. Made me laugh!

Andrea said...

Kids are so fun to shop with. I can't think of anything I enjoy more than a four hour outing with them. NOT! I remember one particularly bad trip when Livy was three, and I remember thinking "I can understand the parents who abandon their kids in the stores point of view".