Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spies...Killing...and the Movies

I saw this really good movie tonight titled "Taken" I am not the type of guy how goes and ruins the movies for people that haven't seen them yet but this part was in the previews. This was an excellent movie, sort of like a cross between a James Bond and a Jason Bourne? Anyways Liam Neeson is the protaganist and he does an excellent job of acting the part. I think the last movie that I saw him in was that lame first Batman that came out a few years ago his role in that movie was so terrible but this movie "Taken" wow I would say a must see and I do believe it was only rated PG-13 so maybe more acceptable for larger crowds.

The part that I liked the most is the part that was shown on almost all of the previews where he states over the phone after the kidnappers have taken his daughter "if it is money you want I don't have any but what I do have is a very specific set of skills, a set of skills that make a man like me a nightmare for men like you" or pretty much along those lines. That has to be the best line that you could say to someone on the phone that has just kidnapped your daughter, because the following line just made it all that better "I will hunt you down, I will find you and I will kill you". Pretty much without batting an eye, I think it must be every boys fantasy growing up to be a spy, because that is just like the coolest thing ever. It has to be the type of society that we live in that sets us up for these types of hopes and dreams.

I wanted to be spy for a long time maybe not all the killing but rather a preventor, someone who stops bad things from happening. Well if I could recommend a movie to anyone who reads this blog it would be "Taken" very well put together.

2 comments:

Alana said...

always looking for a good movie to see. thanks.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey there, we tried two nights in a row to go to Taken and both times it was sold out. Major bummer. We're going to PRE-BUY our tickets this weekend and go see it, I've wanted to since the previews at Christmas, glad to hear it's good!