Friday, March 27, 2009

Blogging

I figured out today what I really enjoy about blogging.

I don't really like the typing and having to think up things to write, rather what I enjoy most is coming back to the blog after blogging and reading the posts. I find the most joy out of reading the praise that other people give me. Keep it up, bring on all the nice things you can say about me I love it. Usually it seems like the comments that are left on a blog are sometimes funnier and nicer than what is left as the blog.

I have been trying to get the kids to a decent hour every night. I don't know why I chose 8:30 pm but that seems like a really good time to me and it still gives me a little bit of time to unwind and get to bed before to late. Or what usually happens is that I sit down on the computer at about 9:30 or 10:00 and find a friend online and chat with them for a very long while way past what is a decent hour and have a great conversation.

Ok i have to mention one thing that I ended up talking with a friend about last night. I am 28 right now and will be 29 in August. My oldest sister is going to be 35(?) this year and I have to let everyone know the funniest thing that happens to us, we thing we are adults, whenever we end up at our parents house. My dad always wanted us to go to bed a respectable hour when we were growing up so that we would get our 8 hours of sleep and succeed in school. Well whenever we are at home on vacation at the parents house he still tells us at 10 or 11 o'clock that it is bedtime. Now I love my dad and I mean him no disrespect it just find it very funny. He will even do the same thing whenever he is up here in Salt Lake. I know his intentions mean well and he just wants to see the eyes with less bags under them. It is just so silly that it makes me laugh hard everytime I think of him telling us it is bedtime. Because if any of you know him intimately you will know that he is the one in the family that has no bedtime and stays up all night watching tv. He actually has this aparatus that is connected to the tv that will transmit the sound to some wireless headphones so that my mother, who is a school teacher can sleep while he watches late night talk shows on tv. These two crack me up so much, I think sometimes she asks him to go and watch tv in another room because even though it doesn't have any sound it still lights up the whole room and she has a real hard time sleeping. That's who I should convince to blog, I would bet that his stories and memories would be the most fun to read.

New mission, next time I go to St. George, show Dad how to blog, it really isn't that hard unless you want to post photos. Since he did get a new computer finally that doesn't take 45 minutes to boot up.

Well that's all today just more ramblings for another day.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Great idea Paul! Your Dads stories and view of life would be awesome genealogy for the Goold family. At least thats how you introduce blogging to him. You don't have to tell the real secret that its actually for our entertainment each night.

Alana said...

8:30 is perfect. anika goes down at 8 and it is great to have some relaxation time before bed. that is hilarious your dad suggests a bed time when you visit. hey, i need that sound amplifier your dad has. brandon and i are like the infomercial: "does that have to be so loud?"

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

That really would be hilareous if Dad blogged. He does have some great stories and it would be nice for him to be too busy to tell us when to go to bed. And yes, I'll be 35, thanks for bringing that up. HA, ha.

Elaine Goold said...

It's the flickering lights from the TV that bother me the most at night. I wear blinders so when he changes the channel every 2 seconds, the flickering lights don't make me CRAZY!! If he would just leave the stupid TV on one channel all night, it wouldn't be so bad - the lights only do the flickering thing when he changes the channel. None of my blinders worked very well until I went to Rome and got a great set of blinders from the airlines. It really makes the room DARK!! And they only cost about $1,200.00! Great deal!! and quit laughing at your Dad and I! We are your elders and deserve some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!! And I thought it was me that made you all go to be early when you were little, not your dad! I was the one who put you to bed! Give me some credit, here! And I don't know if it was really for you and your health, or if it was for me and my sanity!

Cynthia said...

Just think...one day you will become your parents!!
It might be clever getting your Dad to blog, but think about what material he would be using for his blog...your life stories (probably the most embarrassing ones too!)
I sure like reading your blog, you are so funny. You are a great guy and I love you, Aunt Cynthia