Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Favorite time of day

I hope that this doesn't come out wrong or someone think the wrong thing. My favorite time of day is that time after my kids have "finally decided" that they are going to bed and minutes that I get before I go to bed myself. Alone time is sometimes the very best thing in the world. I love to get on the computer for a few minutes and get caught up on some blogging. I get a pretty good laugh first from my older sister, Sarah, she really knows how to make my day. I'm sure that she doesn't know it but I am a regular "stalker" of her blog, it just brightens up those really dark days. You don't have to know her to get her jokes and really good humor either, Seven Village Idiarts, is her Blog and it really is fun. Then I like to check on the whole family and see if anyone that blogs has blogged anything new, usually just something here or there but nice to be able to sit down and read about the fam for a little while. Lastly before possibly blogging myself I love sitting down and catching up on some JNAC before bed. It might seem real strange but that group of girls has something about them that is nice to read about once in a while.

I am not one for posting anywhere else but love commenting on other blogs and only posting on my own.

Back to the best time of day, the thing that can really ruin a really good end to a day is when you are trying to relax and you get that very undesired phone call from none other than work. Usually when someone from work calls at this time there is some disaster at the plant and they need immediate assistance and that means "Super" Paul to the rescue. I really should move much farther away from the plant, still within commuter range, but far enough away so that I am not the closest one and quickest to get there if there is a problem. Then again this wouldn't make the 4 hour call-in really that worth it either. Because if it took longer to get to work then I wouldn't be making that much for actually going in. I guess that I should just stop complaining and enjoy the time that I have.

I do love the afternoons with the kids, just have to say that 8-9 hours at the plant sometimes one just wants to come home and relax. I guess that those relaxing days are over and this is another type of lifestyle that one pretty much has to get used to. Well that is probably enough of that.

6 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I am thrilled that I give you a nice little break, with my blog. You are a wonderful father and you don't ever have to feel bad about enjoying when the kids are asleep. It really is exhausting to have little ones and that's natural to need that quiet time. I've been using the TV as a babysitter for Ben lately, while the others are at school. . . now that we have TiVo, I can record as much Popeye and Tom and Jerry as he can handle. Funny that those are his favorite shows. . .lots of violence, but other than that, I'm OK with his new babysitter! OK, I will see you in a few days, xoxo, Sarah

Krystal said...

Hi Paul,
I am a regular "stalker" of Sarah's blog, too...and yours, although I bet you never knew it, because I haven't ever left a comment. But I thought I should tell you how fun your blog is to read too. I like your sense of humor. I have to admit, that sometimes Rachel's bedtime is my favorite time of the day, too. We love our kids, but it's nice to have a few minutes of peace and quiet, huh? Are you guys going to Italy for Brianna's wedding? Have fun!! Love you guys, Krystal

Andrea said...

Hi Paul. I think everyone is a stalker of Sarah. I also love the kids bed time, and sometimes wish it came an hour (or four) earlier! Glad to have you posting again.

Alana said...

I can totally relate to loving alone time. The hours of alone time are few and far between, but sooo wonderful. I'm glad you check in on the JNAC. I check your blog probably every day and get so excited when there is a new post!

m+b said...

Hey this has nothing to do with your blog, but I don;t have your e-mail so I'll talk with you this way! Becca and I are planning a disneyland trip the 20th to the 23rd of December, if you can you should come with the kidds for one or all of the days!!! Kay later mike

Elaine Goold said...

Well, I am here at your house babysitting your cute little ones while you and Sarah are at a movie and I used to love my nights after 8:00 pm too. Why do you think I always made all of you go to bed so much earlier than all your friends ever had to go to bed? We put tin foil on the windows to make it darker so you'd all think it was night outside even though in the summer it was light all night. I was a real meanie about you all getting into bed and STAYING there because I had to have some alone time. (Of course I didn't know about the Secret Eaters Club!!!) Now if I could just get your Dad to go to sleep and stop watching TV before 2:00 am!!! So I'm still having nighttime hassles! I have to get up at 6:00 am for work and he likes to lay in bed and watch TV. He thinks if he puts headphones on, I should be able to sleep. But the flickering lights from the TV make me crazy!! I wear blinders and put pillows over my head, but I can still see the flickering lights and I sometimes just go ballistic. I just want to SLEEP!!! Okay, thanks for letting me vent! Love you!