Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Money

I just got done reading Sarah's (older sister) blog, check it out if you haven't Seven Village Idiarts, and I realized something that we all know all to well. This life is all about money, not so much for the things that you might want or need here in your daily life. You really can get by with very little money and still be extremely happy. What I am referring to is to see the rest of the world. Money, airlines, travel is all very expensive.
I have an older sister that will be getting married on the Italian island of Sardinia sometime later this year. She may not be back to the United States for a very long time and everyone in our family is trying to figure out someway to get there to be there for her wedding and also to see the beauty that is this part of the world. Some of my siblings have already decided that they will not be able to go due to money and time off school or work. Others have decided to go and there are still those of us that are undecided.
On Sunday I got a phone call from a very close friend from childhood who is living in Hawaii. He graduated from BYU and got a job with a pretty large hotel chain and his first assignment was in Hawaii. Well he says that people were very willing to say that they would come and visit when they got the assignment but as a now nobody has went to visit, and in February he will be reassigned to somewhere here on the "mainland".
So as you can see there are always all of these really interesting and important vacations that could be taken, but there is always that factor of money. How nice it would be to be so rich and not have to worry about money at all and be able to do all of the traveling that one wanted to do. I really wouldn't be one of those rich snobby millionaires, I would probably even keep working just take more vacations whenever I wanted. I would even give money away to the less fortunate and take them with me to those much needed vacations.
But since I am not I will just have to oh wait the boss hurt his back at work this last week and might be out indefinitely and so maybe there are no hopes for going anywhere, or taking any vacation time for another long while. I guess that time will tell as to where and when to take vacation.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Isn't that the truth! We hardly ever venture outside of Utah and if we do, it's to Idaho. At least we live in a beautiful state. Are you going to make it up to Bear Lake this year? We hope so.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I hope Dad reads that quote, "I would even give money away to the less fortunate and take them with me to those much needed vacations." I hope Dad will offer to pay for those of us 'Less Fortunate' to go. . .at least the siblings!! Hey, he paid for Eric to go, why not us? Can't you work that out for us somehow? ha, ha!

Alana said...

I just had the same dilema... family reunion in Santa Barbara in July and no funds! I really want to go so its going to have to be credit card... which is all kinds of dumb but I can't resist and don't want to miss out. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Andrea said...

Hey Paul, we miss your thoughts. Blog again soon.

gooldylocks said...

you forgot to mention the sibling that is already in italy haha. man there are ways to travel cheap LIVE LIKE A VAGABOND i have been in italy for two months and spent only 1000 dollars. you just have to be comfortable sleeping on park benches and in parks haha and eating from a tin can of lentils or green string beans. haha i cant wait to get back and share some of my adventures with you like my beatles singing in the middle of rome or my nudey pictures wih the statue of david. haha