Monday, June 9, 2008

When you know you are older

I just figured out one more thing in life that helps you realize you are old. I happened to be on the internet and a got an email from a friend in high school. Now I knew that this was coming eventually because I am 10 years older than my littlest brother who just graduated from high school a couple of weeks ago (Congrats Eric). So since he graduated and I am 10 years older than him I have had in the back of my mind this whole last year that the first real class reunion was coming and that yes I was going to feel older once it finally hit me.

You think a lot of things when that notice does come over the web. Very interesting how nowadays we really don't depend on the US Postal Service for just about nothing pretty much junk mail and passports about every 10 years. Really is amazing how fast things come and go in the big scheme of things. Back to what went through my thick skull when I realized it was actually happening this year.
You think about
1) Where did ten years go it seems like just last week that I was walking through the PV at the Burns Arena, but also went so much further than that and did it really end then (the education)
2) What have I done with my 10 years and has it been worth it
3) How did 10 years go by so very fast can't I have 2 or 3 of those years back (redo)

Sure everyone probably has these thoughts of despair and let down like maybe they went by to fast but then I also think of all the amazing things that have happened since then. Would I change any of them for something different....no way so not worth trying to change the past, would not change my personal history for the world. So sometime this September I will be making a trip to St. George for a much needed vacation and also the chance to catch up with some very long and lost friends. Afterwards I will say thanks for these last 10 years and then I will wait with open arms for the following 10 or 15 and make the very best of what cards I am dealt.

So Eric if you ever happen upon this blog, realize that right now you are young and have the world before you. Wait it will catch up to you and one night you will be sitting in your living room, your children will be in bed and you will be checking your e-mail and you will realize that yes you are old and that life catches up to all of us. Hope you have made the best of it since you left that blessed place that we call High School.

1 comment:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Good thoughts on a part of life we all have to deal with . . . my 20 year reunion in coming up in 4 years and I've got the crazy idea that I need to look the same as I did 20 years ago . . . THIN and CUTE. I think with some plastic surgery, I should be fine!