Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To buzz or not to buzz


I really don't want to try and meet or beat anyone on a blog. The whole blogging before 8:30 am I would have to say impossible, sorry I value those morning hours way to much to get up any earlier to blog. I like it and all but probably not to that fanatical state yet. I do like just coming on the computer and being able to ramble on for as long as I'd like. Mike or Becca not sure who might have written that little tidbit, feel free this is going out there for anyone to read. Hopefully there are never things said that are taken seriously. Sarah does have what I think of as the perfect blog, haven't checked out many others so not really able to put it up against anything else. Feel free to come and go as you please "the door is always open".

So Sarah I will not be able to keep up with your blogging early mornings, that one might have just been a fluke, nor will I be able to blog from my bathroom (would require some serious rearranging of furniture) but I will try and put a little something out there everyday.

I was trying to think of something to write about today and I came across a little something after I had cut Matthew's hair. Gave him his first real buzz cut today. Karolain wasn't to excited about the whole deal yesterday, pretty much got the whole "no how are you going to do that to him you will scar him for life" shpeal. She just doesn't understand the background we Goold's come from. Everyone knows that is the young Goold hairstyle. Everyone into the bathroom, get down to the skivies, put on the mandatory see through poncho and let Dad hack away at the mop top. It was pretty fun to be the Dad and put Matthew on the stool, in his diaper, and shave off the mop (he had like two dustpans of hair up there). It actually might have scarred him for life, two years old might be a little young for the trimmers? (what are those things called). He might have cried the whole way through, there might be some spots where the hair is a little bit longer then in others and he might never look the same (all that hair was actually making his melon appear smaller he's back to having the watermelon on a toothpick). It was really fun though to be the one doing all the cutting and not having to suffer through all the drama that is being the kid on the barstool. Exciting, can't wait for it to grow back so that I can cut again. Might seem a little psychotic to those out there who haven't had the chance or should I say life changing experience that is cutting no buzzing your sons hair for the first time.

I really hated sitting in the upstairs bathroom, in my underwear, wearing a see through poncho while Dad went to town on my head. I guess that I am finding out and redeeming myself for some of those things that I disliked so much as a child, with my own children. So Michael those snippers that you have are not only handy now but they will be really handy later down the road when you have little Michaels running around with a mop.

4 comments:

m+b said...

He didn't even place in the top 26!! And the worst part is he got beat by 3 girls!!! He did good though, but that's why I didn't mention it! The kid that won was from freaking SALT LAKE!! I was so mad!! He lives to far away and shouldn't have even heard about it!! (He was WAY good though)

Elaine Goold said...

Oh, Paul, you are funny! I should post a photo of you getting one of those naked haircuts - I don't even think you have skivvies on!!

Andrea said...

Do you even have undies on in this pic? I didn't want to be all pervy and zoom in on it, but it really doesn't look like there is underwear on under your see through poncho! Is Matthew adjusting to his new non mop? How is it possible that his head looks bigger now? What a cutie!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I seem to remember Karol buzzing Matthew's baby head (and Ariana's) to make their hair grow in right. So this is TECHNICALLY his second Buzz. I laughed so hard at this post. . .I might have woken Damian up. . or at least made him change his snoring pattern. And Andrea, I'm glad you brought up the naked issue. I think he's nude in that scary photo. If you have a poncho, why do you have to take off your clothes? Kinda freaks me out!