Sunday, June 8, 2008

They will say the darnest things

I thought that today I would remind everyone out there that kids really are adorable and if left to their own designs will say the darnest things.

My four year old (Ariana) thinks that she has mastered the art of driving from her car seat in the back. I have explained to her some of the basic principles of driving after getting sick of her asking the same questions over and over. One day in particular I remember when we were sitting in a traffic jam and out of the blue says "Dad it is green that means we can go". I realized at this moment that I have not explained all the key points of driving to her but yes the light was green and we could have gone through. I mentioned that we were in a sort of backed up traffic jam I said "Yes it is green and we can go if you would like to smash into the car in front of us", her response to that was "Well it is green and green means that we can go".

Another day Ariana again said something that will stick with me for a very long time. I really can't wait until Matthew (our 2 year old) starts talking because then we will be getting twice the dose. So in the car returning from eating out as a family again out of the blue and totally unsolicited Ariana says "Dad...you're a loser". At first I was a little bit shocked but could not hold back the laughter and honestly couldn't stop laughing for the next 10 minutes. She has quite a large vocabulary but has yet to hone that large vocabulary.

The last one that again knocked me off of my socks and got me in the mood for a little blogging today was right as I came out of the bathroom and finished showering. I was putting my clothes on when here comes the mincer of fine words, sniffing her whole way down the hallway until she ends up right behind me and exclaims "Something smells delicious". I was unaware myself that cologne and dinner had the same smell or even made you thing of the same words. I do love children and they are so enlightening into our lives and how delicious they really are.

Like mentioned before if the 2 year old never speaks I would be horrified at missing all the witty and uplifting things that I am sure he is waiting to say.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so happy to be the first to comment on your blog! How fun. I didn't know you were a good writer. Why did Ari call you a loser? Olivia still has Green Means Go issues. Little weirdos. Check out my blog sometime.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hilareous! You are a DELICIOUS writer and I can't wait for a play by play of your fatherhood feats and your kids crazy antics EVERYDAY! Now, I'll be checking your blog 2-3 times a day. We should have a rule that you have to post by 8am or something. Ha, fat chance that would work for me! And you're not a looser (that little stinker!)